Hi guys, coach Katie here sharing our next edition of Food Friday!
Today I’m sharing a healthy breakfast recipe to help you if you’re someone who has rushed mornings or needs to eat on the go. I’ve also included the MACROS. What exactly are macros you ask? Macro-nutrients make up all the foods that we eat – protein, carbohydrates, and fats. There is a huge benefit to becoming aware of the amount of each macro you eat, and the amount of how much your body needs to be running optimally. You can fuel properly for performance and change your body composition by learning to eat certain quantities of macro-nutrients based off your personal factors (body weight, how lean you are, your activity level etc.).
This quick breakfast makes 12 egg muffins to get you through a few days of no cook mornings. These are a huge time saver in our house and we mix up the flavors weekly depending on what we have on hand – different veggies, sweet potatoes, bacon etc. Try these out and let me know what you think!
If you’re interested in learning how much food you need to train, recover, and live your best and most energized life- shoot me an email for a free intro session to sit down and chat about one-on-one coaching! firstname.lastname@example.org
Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Egg Muffins
Makes 12 muffins. I would recommend 2-3 muffins per meal depending on your goals!
1 CUP Egg Whites (from carton)
2 CUPS Spinach (raw)
1 CUP Grape Tomatoes
1oz Crumbled Feta
Salt & Pepper (pinch)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & heat saute pan over medium heat.
2. Cut tomatoes in half & sautee w/ spinach in pan until wilted & liquid is cooked off.
3. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin w/ cooking spray.
4. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, s&P.
5. Add in veggie mix, then evenly divide evenly among 12 muffin tins using 1/3c measuring cup. Top w/ feta!
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs look set.
7. Run knife along the outside of eggs to release from pan & let cool.
*You can also amp up the flavor by adding dried of fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
*Note these can be individually frozen & reheated for later use.
MACROS (per 1 muffin): Protein: 6g Carbs: 1g Fat: 3g
CALORIES/ muffin: 37 calories