Member in the Spotlight- October 2019
Jen is a consistent morning gym-goer and you can often find her at the 7 or 8 am group classes. We’d like to highlight her hard work and consistent dedication as well as her positive attitude and lovely smile! Jen, thanks for being a role model and such a kind and important member of our community!
1. How did you end up becoming a member at the Port?
When we decided to move to New Hampshire the first thing I did was to look for a new CrossFit facility. I think I did this before we even had our house on the market. It was important to me to find a community similar to what I had at the CF facility that I was leaving in Massachusetts. As soon as I met Sophie, I knew The Port was the place for me. During Sophie’s tour everyone was welcoming, and I could see how comradery existed here.
2. What has changed for you since joining? What change are you most proud of?
Since joining The Port I have met so many great people! I have enjoyed getting to know them. They make working out even better.
3. What do you love to do outside of the gym?
I love spending time with my husband and two boys. The kids’ schedule seems to consume most of my free time. However, every chance I get I love to work in my flower gardens. I love the peacefulness of it, the colors, and seeing the results from caring for them.
4. If you were an existing or new color addition to the crayon box, what would you be and why?
I would choose Midnight Blue.
5. If we had a Port Karaoke Night, what song would you sing for us?
Oh boy, this is a tough one. I can’t imagine having the courage to sing in front of people. If I did, I would probably choose “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cindi Lauper – it is such a fun song, plus I could drag others to sing with me.
6. What is your favorite cheat meal/treat?
Jen, we would sing Cindi Lauper and have pizza with you ANY day!