Sundays 9 – 10:30 am
The Olympic Lifting Specialty Course is geared towards athletes who want to have a better understanding of the snatch, clean, and jerk, while also working to improve technique and engrain correct movement patterns to build towards stronger lifts.
What does my Olympic Lifting membership include?
- A 1.5 hour coach led Group Class on Sunday from 9 – 10:30am
- Weekly Programming to be completed in class or on your own
- If you miss or can’t make the Sunday class you are allowed to make up the work during an Open Gym slot or a Group Class if needed. Please check in with Jamie and she will help you find a time that works.
- Weekly “Homework” – including extra work, stretching, watching videos etc.
- Access to The Port Lift Analysis Group where you can share lifting videos with Jamie for critique.
- This private Slack channel will allow you to access programming, post videos, and receive direct feedback from Coach Jamie. Once you sign up for this class you will receive an invitation to join.
- Example Lift Analysis
Member Pricing (with active group class membership)
FEATUREDMember - Monthly$24 Monthly
Member - Drop In$10 per Class
Member - Programming Only$15 Monthly
Non – Member Pricing
Non Member - Monthly$48 Monthly
Non - MEMBER - DROP IN$25 per Class
Non Member - Programming Only$30 Monthly
About Coach Jamie
Jamie first initially started weightlifting as a supplement for CrossFit as the barbell movements were her weakest point and she had a very hard time performing any of the prescribed weights in workouts. After about a year of extra oly programming, Jamie then signed up for her first sanctioned meet. This inspired her to take the USAW L1 Certification at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, which led her to work for the Dark Orchestra Weightlifting Team, where she coached and performed video analysis under former USA Team members Jared Enderton and Jon North. She has competed at a number of local and state sanctioned meets. She was also ranked 121th nationally in 2019 as a 55kg weightlifter. She loves that weightlifting is extremely technical and there is always a part of the lift that can be improved upon or more weight to be lifted. But her absolute favorite part of coaching weightlifting is watching people gain more confidence in themselves and seeing people’s reactions when they hit a personal record that they never imagined they could ever do. Jamie plans to continue to be more involved in USAW and to help share her passion for olympic weightlifting with others.