1. How did to come to be a part of The Port? What’s the biggest thing that has changed since starting?
For years I had been competing in triathlons and Ironman races. In 2016 I started to burn out and was having trouble getting motivated to wake up early enough to get outside, or get in the pool or hop on the bike. My workouts were boring and had no intensity. A few people started whispering in my ear about CrossFit… Marc Bouvier, Bryan Bancewicz, Amy Cavell, Bryan Pappas, Eric West, Amy Obrien, Anthony Mills, Elizabeth DeTolla… and others. SO I decided to give it a try… I’ve been obsessed ever since. I’m hooked. Funny though… when I started, Justin would always tell me that it seemed like I was unhappy or that I didn’t like it. Couldn’t be further from the truth. Anything that motivates me enough to set my alarm for 03:55 in the morning… must be pretty awesome!
For me, exercise is like therapy… when I don’t do it, I’m pissy and moody. So the biggest change has been my mood. I’ve started to find my fitness again and I love the way it feels.
2. What your favorite kind of music to listen to while you workout?
80’s hair bands.
3. What is your favorite/least favorite CrossFit movement?
LEAST FAVORITE: Anything with the word “snatch” in it… and the rope climb. I’m SO scared of heights.
4. What was the last thing you Googled?
“Placing gel foam in an extraction site” (super boring dentistry stuff…*yawn*). Before that… “best youth lacrosse shoulder pads 2018”
5. What is your favorite cheat food?
Hagan Daz Rum Raisin… and New England Style IPA’s (Stoneface, Trillium, Tree House, Great Rhythm etc…)
6. What picture is your iPhone wallpaper?
7. Screenshot your most used emoji tab.